Wanda Garner, MS, MA, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Wanda Garner, an individual, couple, and family therapist, is a Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist (EFT) and Supervisor. She is a workshop leader and volunteer, is dedicated to helping others create solid relationships. She uses research-based methods to remove the vail of mystery.
For the past decade, Wanda has been working with the military community helping our troops come home to their families and thrive through her experience with The Coming Home Project and her own military only workshop, Mission Strong Connection.
Wanda presents workshops, Strong Connections When Cancer Threatens, at Moores Cancer Center in La Jolla, California normalizing patient and spouses experiences coping with illness and guiding them in clear, honest communication about deeply relevant issues.
Finally, Wanda presents Hold Me Tight: Loving More Deeply workshops based on Emotionally Focused Therapy, the “gold standard” of couples therapy in San Diego and Indian Wells/La Quinta , California. She is also a frequent conference presenter. Powder, Pamper and Empower and the Business of Saving Lives are on her conference schedule for 2015.
Her credentials include:
- Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist and Supervisor
- Board Certified Counselor
- Certified in Post-Combat Health
- Extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Military Liaison for Alliant Couple and Family Clinic
- Volunteer for Mission Strong Connection (Alliant Couple and Family Clinic)
- Marital Workshop Facilitator at Moores Cancer Center
- Member, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists
- Member, California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- Member, San Diego Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- Member, North County-San Diego Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Member, San Diego Emotionally Focused Therapy Community
- Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, United States International University
- Psi Chi National Honor Society
- Outstanding Marriage & Family Therapy Graduate Award
- Extraordinary Cancer Caregiver Honoree
- Masters of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bachelors of Arts in English Education, Old Dominion University, Cum Laude
- Volunteer for the Coming Home Project
- Volunteer for the Yellow Ribbon Project
Wanda Garner, MS, MA
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Phone: (858) 404-0305